Monday, May 7, 2012

Crafts for May

I have been busy lately, pinning tons of amazing craft projects that I can do for and with the boys. Here are some of my favorites.

1. Comet Ball from Stitched in Color

I had completely forgotten about playing with these as a kid. I think ours was store-bought, a bouncy ball instead of a bean bag, but still so, so much fun. I am sure Evan and I will be able to make these together, since they are pretty simple to put together.



2. Popsicle Stick Puzzle from Buzzmills

This is such a cute little project for any age child. I will be trying this one with Evan and Clayton, though I do not imagine Clayton will be able to put his scribbles back together again.



3. Painted Pencils from Martha Stewart.

Another very simple one, just a little bit of tape and paint. If I have the pencils taped in advance, I can let both boys try their hand at painting them. And my boys both love pencils, so these will get tons of attention once they are dry.






4. Button Caterpillars from Parents.com

We have made other button and pipe cleaner animals and they are always adorable. Last time we did them, Evan needed a bit of help threading the pipe cleaner through the buttons. Not sure whether he will be able to make them on his own this time, but either way, they will be a fun project.

Source: parents.com via Katie on Pinterest


5. Hot Air Ballons from Curly Birds

I love, love, love this idea! The balloons are weighted so they rise out of reach, but then return to the ground. I can imagine a full day of fun with these!



6. Cardboard Guitars from Make It and Love It

These might look like toys, but I think they will actually be considered necessities in my house. My husband just bought a guitar a few months ago and the boys are head-over-heels in love. The problem is that they whine and hang on Jason the entire time he is trying to play. Clayton actually throws almost daily temper tantrums over the guitar these days. Really, really hoping these will help!








So, which one is your favorite? What should we do first?

2 comments:

  1. Love the button caterpillar, too cute. And the hot air balloon, my little man would love that. Thanks for sharing your craft ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The caterpillars look great as do the hot air balloons. Thanks for sharing.

    Lol, looks like Kim and I need to get together.
    We made the flyers by felting them and then filling them with beans. We had so much fun with them, but sadly they got left out in Salt Spring Island with friends. Thanks for reminding me we need to make more!

    ReplyDelete